Medical physicists are integral part in radiotherapy team.
We perform following function
- Absolute dose measurement for tele cobalt and Linac low and high energy photons and electron beams
- Generation of beam data ( PDD,TMR,OUT PUT ,TPR ,WEDGE FACTORS ) for calculations and transfer to Eclipse treatment planning system .
- Relative dosimetry checks in water phantom and solid phantom.
- Weekly out put checks and energy constancy checks. Chamber constancy checksPostal dose audit of cobalt and Linac beams using TLD from IAEA.
- Routine quality assurances of Cobalt, Linac, simulator and HDR Brachytherapy Varisource machine.
- Manual simulator based planning and Calculations, and 3D CT based conformal radiotherapy planning, dose volume histogram, plan transfer to Varis and first day treatment set up, verifications and portal vision.
- Preparation for IMRT physical data . Brach therapy ICR, Intraluminal, interstitial planning, dosimetry and treatment.
- Radiation protection, safety survey and safety of staff, patents and general public. Personnel monitoring of radiation workers in hospital using TLD badges.
- Participation in academic activities.
Medical Physics Team
Pradumna Prasad Chaurasia
Assistant Chief Medical Physicist
(Now doing PhD in Belgium)
Matrika Prasad Adhikari
Ram Narayan Yadav